New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman announced on June 30 that he had reached an agreement with JP Morgan Chase Bank to modify its account standards and change its prepaid card program in a way that will cause it to lose its prepaid exemption from the Durbin Amendment.
Mobile gift card wallets; such as, Alpha Cash, Pronto Cash, Gyft and GoWallet, allow consumers to buy, send, manage and redeem gift cards for more than 200 retailers, all on a single app. Other apps, such as Google Wallet, can store credit and debit card information as well as gift card balances.
SWISS HANNOVER INTERNATIONAL REALTY CORP., IN CANADA
New York Attorney General Pressures Chase to Alter Checking and Prepaid
SMART PHONES ARE USED TO RELOAD PRE PAID CREDIT CARDS
Just like checking accounts allow account holders to take a picture of a paper check and deposit it, several programs now enable users to reload their prepaid cards in the same way.
The marriage of prepaid cards and smartphones is making it so that not only can you go without a bank account, but you might not need a wallet, either.
Green Dot Keeps Walmart Money Card Contract
The initial term of this new agreement is for five years.
Prepaid Mobile Wallets Help Indians Make Secure Payments
Consider this. You are travelling and a bill payment is due. The mobile network is weak and you are unsure about how secure the hotel wi-fi is. Reach out for the virtual wallet. Even if the Internet connection is not fraud-proof, the risk will be limited to the balance in the wallet."Prepaid mobile wallets is handy even for those with access to debit and credit cards due to security reasons," says Naveen Surya, MD, ITZCash, a Mumbai-based prepaid payment services provider.
The growth of prepaid mobile wallets in India has given people a tool to limit their risks when making payments over unsecured networks, the India Times reports.
Security has always been one of the drivers of prepaid adoption. This shows how mobile technology can be used to expand that security from in person card payments to online payments through the mobile device. As open-loop mobile payments develop in around the world, there will likely be implementations similar to the ones described in the article for secure payments and managing budgets.
Written By Lynn Oldshue
Posted on June 4, 2015 by Lynn Oldshue
CashPass Prepaid Visa users can now control their prepaid accounts on the go, thanks to the new app which will be introduced. The app will run on the Select Mobile Moneyplatform, designed specifically for prepaid cards.
CashPass calls itself the "Visa Prepaid Card for Life," offering many of the features you would expect from a prepaid card provider. Users can add funds to their accounts through direct deposit or one of the thousands of reload locations nationwide. They can then use their funds to pay bills, take out cash withdrawals from the ATM, make online purchases, or use it anywhere Visa is accepted.
With the new app, users will be able to monitor their spending and deposits, view detailed transaction histories and send money to other cardholders. The app will also feature a location-finder that tells users where the closest reload centers and ATMs can be found.
The Select Mobile Money platform offers Apple Watch and Apple Pay integration, keeping it in line with current trends in mobile banking. Apple Pay is now accepted at more than 700,000 locations, so CashPass users will have plenty of places to use their prepaid cards.
Just an hour north of the GTA on Lake Simcoe, Friday Harbour promises to be the hottest all-season resort residence in Canada.
Less than one hour’s drive up the 400 – or a 90-minute GO train ride – Friday Harbour is a new development like no other. Not simply a resort, more than a residential development, Friday Harbour is an all-seasons get away that will set a new standard for vacation living in Ontario.
“Friday Harbour is a place that residents can come to just relax and enjoy,” says Earl Rumm, president of Geranium Corporation and partner at Friday Harbour.
Proximity to the city is just one of its advantages. “We’ve been planning for 13 years. And for the last three years, we’ve been preparing a golf course, an inland marina on Lake Simcoe and a nature site,” explains Rumm. “It’s all about creating a place for people to enjoy 12 months a year.”
* Read Link says Ms. Tatiana Viktorovna Nazarova – Chairman ALPHA CASH FINANZ INC.
Prepaid Cards are Good for Small Businesses Alpha Cash Asserts
- ALPHA CASH FINANZ EXPANDS TO DISTRIBUTE PREPAID FINANCIAL CREDIT CARDS TO MALAYSIA |
- VISA CLEAR SETS STANDARDS FOR CONSUMER-FRIENDLY PREPAID CARDS
- NEW RULES PROPOSED ON PREPAID CARDS FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS
- ALPHA CASH FINANZ HAS THE IDEAL “PRE PAID CREDIT CARD” FOR YOU |
- ALPHA CASH FINANZ FINANCIAL CARDS IMPLEMENTATION MADE EASY & FAST
- EUROPEAN AUTHORITIES REACH INFORMAL AGREEMENT ON PSD2
- CFPB FINES REGIONS FOR OVERDRAFT PRODUCTS
- SHARE YOUR MONEY WITH FAMILY & FRIENDS |
- British Prepaid Boom Can Thank Security Fears & Bank Mistrust
- ALPHA CASH STRUCTURES STRUCTURES AND CREATES UPDATED CUSTOMER SERVICE CONNECTED TO OUR BANKS |
- ALPHA CASH FINANZ PROMOTES THE USE OF “SMARTPHONES” WITH FINANCIAL CARDS |
- SWITCH TO ALPHA CASH FINANZ PRE PAID CREDIT CARDS WITH NO WORRIES & THREATS |
- ALPHA CASH “PRE PAID FINANCIAL CARDS” GAINING POPULARITY AMONG UNIVERSITY STUDENTS AROUND THE WORLD |
- METABANK ADDED AS AN ISSUER OF UNIVISION’S PREPAID CARD
- ALPHA CASH FINANZ OFFICIALLY LAUNCHES THE TRADEMARK “PRONTO CASH” FINANCIAL CARDS IN RUSSIA |
- ALPHA CASH FINANZ INVESTS IN “CANADA DATA GUARD” -
- ALPHA CASH FINANZ EXPANDS WITH VISA TO EUROPE FOR 2015 |
- ALPHA CASH FINANZ SUPPORTS PREPAID AMERICAS |
- BANK OF AMERICA ADVANCES RAPIDLY IN TECHNOLOGY FOR ITS CUSTOMERS |
- BANK OF MONTREAL & HARRIS BANK LAUNCH CARDLESS ATM |